Friday, January 30, 2009

More finger joints and workbench

so this is where I am at on the workbench. This will be the main width of the top with an 8" tool space added to the rear. This will bring it to a total of ~29" deep. I have been using reclaimed 2x4 material from a renovation going on up the street. Some of the 2x4's are not full length so I have tried to space them 1 full 2x4, 1 partial, 1 full.....I also have tried not to have the joints over lap at any point. This has been more work but my goal is not to buy any lumber for this workbench.



Here are the legs. 2 come from a 4x4 header and 2 are laminated 2x4's.



This is a shot of an almost done finger joint. I have to trace out the pattern on the other piece of wood, cut and do a final fitting. Lots more work but it will look good.



No comments:

Post a Comment