Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Frankenstein?

Almost complete. All that's left to do is chop the dowels, sand and finish. So far, so good. I went with a chisel and chipped all excess glue out. That Gorilla glue sure does foam up. I went and bought a bottle of Titebond II and see how that works. I glued the dowels in with it and it sure is easier to clean up.


And here it is in its maiden voyage doing what it was built to do.


Beginning this weekend I will start the kids bookcase. It will be about 2ft. tall, 14" deep and 32-36" wide. I am not sure of the width yet because I don't know what I can get from the scrap plywood I have lying around. The bookcase will be from all scrap lumber I have about the house. The only tough part about it will be the dado I want to make to slide the back into. I have two ways in mind though to do it. I will let ya'll know which way worked for me.

The post title come from the fact that the bench looks like frankenstein with the long dowels sticking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment