Monday, January 12, 2009

Kids bookcase 2

I have the side of the bookcase in clamps at the moment. I have either the top of the bottom portion or the bottom of the bottom portion cut. I am not sure which as I want to see the other piece cut and then I will decide which is which.

I am up in the air on the top "V" design. I was thinking about using a dovetail for the side pieces but I am a little hesitant about cutting dovetails in angled grain. I should mention that for the top I have some really nice old pine boards that were salvaged when we remodeled the kitchen. The other way of attaching the sides was using a through tenon on oversized side pieces. The bookcase is not being done in any particular style just copying what is at the library. The library shelves are melamine coated particle board, so anything I do is above and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment