Monday, February 1, 2010

Zen Toolworks Plane review

So I've had the white pine plane for a month and have properly sharpened it and used it on a couple of different woods. NICE! It is a great little plane. I have not done any shaping yet to make it fit my hand better but the way it comes is very good. The blade is fairly thick and takes and holds an edge well (at least as well as I can sharpen at the moment). I never really had great success with my bench plane (craftsman #5) so this plane was nice to use. I would highly recommend Zen Toolworks and am looking forward to getting a couple more. He has a scrub and a shoulder plane I have my eye on for the next ones.

3 comments:

  1. It's good to hear your review of the plane. They seen to be a good buy if one needs small planes.

    In your last post, you mentioned making a composite picture using Powerpoint. Frankly Powerpoint is a terrible graphic editing tool. I know; you used it because it is what you have. Here's a suggestion for an easy to use graphics editor that will do what you want. Go get Print.net and give it a try. The price is right: free. It will help you look as good as Kari ... after a manicure, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the print.net suggestion but that site didn't look like you could use it to edit pictures and such. Maybe there is another site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review... My father is the tool man in the house and it looks like he is so powerful with all his tools around. If I remember it right my father has a small plane which is so shiny and very sharp. I think it is one of his favorite tools ever.

    ReplyDelete