Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Workbench and Bookcase

So here is the finished workbench. I say "finished" but I think it will always be a work in progress. Adding something here and there, planing the top to make it smoother and taking out nicks. I think it came out OK considering it was my first try and it was completely built from scrounged lumber. So in essence it was free just my labor.




Sitting on the bench is the bottom to the kids bookcase. The lighting for the picture is horrible. It really is painted gloss white (easy cleaning).


Here is the top to the bookcase. It still needs painting and then attached to the bottom. I gave up on the finger joints for the sides and just used a butt joint with a through dowel. It is plenty strong and since it will be painted I figured there is no need to get really fancy. I will post a final picture, in good lighting, when it is done (maybe a few days).

2 comments:

  1. These look great. Can't wait to see them in person. Also have a new project for you. The tree at my grandmothers that fell during "IKE" . Come get it, your mother in law wants a totem-pole. How cool would that be. Your father in law says you need to carve it into a boat! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I do believe you are the first. Sorry I don't have a prize for you. Next time we are down there I will get some logs to make something.

    ReplyDelete